Prof. Vijaya Lakshman Muddu
FPM (IIM Bangalore), CFA (ICFAI), FRM-Level I (GARP), Diploma in Marketing Management (IGNOU), Diploma in Management (IGNOU), CAIIB, B.Tech (Civil Engg.)
Vijaya Lakshman is an Associate Professor in the Finance area. He has earned his FPM (equivalent to PhD) in Management in the area of Finance & Control from the Indian Institute of Management (IIMB) Bengaluru. He has been teaching for the last 7 years, prior to which he had worked in various capacities in the Indian banking sector for 23 years. He is a gold medalist in Civil Engineering from JNTU College of Engineering, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, India. After graduation, he worked for 2 years in the Civil engineering domain.
- Adjunct Professor – Finance, Pace University, Lubin School of Business, New York and Metropolitan College of New York, April 2012- May 2016
- Associate Professor – Finance, ASCI, Hyderabad (June 2010- August 2011)
- State Bank of India, 1982-2010, working in various positions and capacities, before leaving as Chief Manager.
- Corporate Finance
- Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Financial Accounting for Managers
- Money & Banking, Bank Management
- Volatility of Equity Market Returns
- Herding in the Capital Market
- Institutional Investment.
His dissertation thesis is titled "Impact of Institutional Investment on the Indian Capital Market". The Thesis studies empirically the impact of Institutional Investors like FIIs, Mutual Funds etc., on the Indian Capital Markets, in terms of Volatility of Equity market returns and Herding tendencies, using Non-Linear Volatility Modeling, Granger Causality and Kalman Filter techniques.
- “Market-wide Herding and the Impact of Institutional Investors in the Indian Capital Market” (with R Vaidyanathan and Sankarshan Basu), Journal of Emerging Market Finance, August 2013, 12:197-237.
- “Market-wide Herding and Impact of Institutional Investors in Indian Capital Markets” (with R Vaidyanathan and Sankarshan Basu), IIM B Working Paper Series, Working Paper No 327.
- “Impact of Institutional Investors on Volatility of Indian Capital Markets”, (with R Vaidyanathan and Sankarshan Basu), 12th APRIA Conference, Sydney, July 06-08, 2008.
- “Impact of Institutional Investors on the market – A Survey” (with R Vaidyanathan), Indian Journal of Capital Markets (IJCM), April-June 2008.
- “Sub-Prime Crisis and Lessons to be learnt” (with R Vaidyanathan), ICFAI Reader, April 2009.
Conferences & Seminars attended:
- PRMIA Round Table on ‘Sound Practices for the Management and Supervision of Operational Risk’ on January 27, 2011 at Hyderabad, India.
- 1-day Seminar on Derivatives on November 12, 2010 at Hyderabad, India.
- 1st National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) ‘Conference on Securities Markets’ (CSM-2008) at Mumbai, India, from Dec 19-21, 2008.
- 12th APRIA (Asia-Pacific Risk & Insurance Association) Conference in Sydney from July 06-08, 2008. He has presented his research work at APRIA conference in Sydney, 2008.
- Seminar on ‘Indian Pensions: Challenges Ahead’ jointly conducted by PFRDA & IIM Bengaluru (CIRE & CCMR) at the Indian Institute of Management, Bengaluru, India, on July 21, 2006. Actively involved in conducting the Seminar.
- Attended and co-conducted a 2-day National Conference on “e-Information Security in Banking & Financial Sector: Issues & Challenges” in February 2003 at SBIICM, Hyderabad, India.
Official email id.